- My Account
- Community Investment Port...
Help with "Post a new message"
Clicking on “Post new message” takes you to the “Create message entry” page.
1. Enter the title of intended in the first box.
2. Enter message tags.essage tags are words or phrases that would signal to web searchers what your posting is about. Examples include: organic poultry production, goat cheese, local food systems curriculum.
3. Write message in “Body” window. Formatting tools are provided.
4. Click “Preview” to review and/or edit your message.
5. Edit as needed in the lower window.
6. Select groups to receive the message.
7. Choose “File attachments” if you wish to attach a file such as a spreadsheet or word document.
8. Finally click “Post.”
9. As the author of this post, you will receive immediately an email announcing your new posting.
10. However, individual members of each group to whom the post is sent will receive an announcement of the post only according to their established preferences for email notifications.
1. Initiates communication among members of a group without having to assemble email lists or manage potentially problematic message details on your own. A successful post results from taking care of a short sequence of options about the message and its audience.
2. Message tags allow web browsers to find your message based on key words, called “tags.” An example tag would be “mobile poultry processing.”
1. A successful post results from taking care of a short sequence of options about the message and its audience.
2. Be sure to preview your message as formatting can shift, especially for any information imported or pasted in from other sources.
3. If the “public” box is checked, your post will be visible to everyone on the site and most will receive an email notification.
4. Be sure to hit the “Post” button to put your message up on the site.