Natural Capital Investment Fund
Natural Capital Investment Fund (NCIF)
NCIF is a loan fund that provides debt financing to small businesses located in West Virginia; North Carolina; the Appalachian regions of Virginia, Kentucky, Tennessee, and Ohio; South Carolina; and south Georgia.
With every loan we make, our goal is to provide natural resource-based businesses with the financing they need so they can advance sustainable economic development and have a positive impact on human health and the environment in their community.
In addition to providing critical, timely capital, we also support our clients with technical assistance to help build their capacity for success.
We are particularly interested in supporting:
- value-added and sustainable agriculture;
- renewable energy and energy efficiency;
- heritage and recreation-based tourism;
- water conservation and treatment;
- sustainable forestry and forest products;
- natural medicines and green products; and
NCIF is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization and a wholly owned subsidiary of The Conservation Fund.
Click Here to read our 2012 Impact Report (PDF).