- My Account
- NEO Food Congress 2008
Group: NEO Food Congress 2008
NEO Food Congress 2008
Event Date: Friday and Saturday, November 7-8, 2008
- To foster a culture of collaboration between Urban and Rural stakeholders concerning economic development and local food systems
- To become a motivating event around which the important and essential process of collaboration can grow
- Raise awareness and build the supportive collaborative for related local food initiatives
- Interaction across disciplines and socio-economic stations from all areas of the region
- County level Food Policy Councils
- Rural communities identify issues and work with urban partners for implementation
- A list of steps for what policy makers can do to foster local food systems in their planning (economic development, land use policy, health and human services).
- Benchmarks for the Region 2020
(Recommended policies and actions for tangible results concerning the Topics)
- Community Food Assessment;
- Land Use;
- Health and Nutrition;
- Institutional Buying;
- FarmLink: Beginning farmers, transitioning farmers, entrepreneurs)
- Food and Nutrient Waste Recovery
- Rural and Urban Interface
- Local production for local demand
- Infrastructure: 1. social and physical; 2. economic clusters for local food systems
- Entrepreneurs for Local Food
- Equity and Local Food Systems Planning
And invited gathering of 200 delegates from Northeast Ohio, focused upon Ashtabula, Cuyahoga, Geauga, Lake, Lorain, Medina, Portage, Stark, Summit, and Wayne counties. Delegates are those concerned with land use, public policy, health, and economic development. Including the general public; farmers; hospitals; schools; institutional purchasers and food service providers; county directors and staff of: planning, health, economic development, agriculture; county commissioners; local government officials; transportation companies; processing companies;
Coordinating Bodies (Fiscal & Coordinating):
The Countryside Conservancy offers to be the fiscal agent for the Food Congress, and manage equitable redistribution of funds for expenses, services related to the project as necessary.
Jul 31, 1:21pm
Save the date! Join OSU's Agroecosystem Management Program and Organic Valley on September 24th for an oilseed pressing workshop at Mellinger Farm, including a demonstration of Organic Valley's mobile seed press. We will cold-press...
Casey W. Hoy
Jul 15, 8:36am
Published in this morning's Daily Record, Wooster, OH, see: http://the-daily-record.com/opinion/2013/07/15/commentary-northeast-ohio-ripe-for-ag-investment COMMENTARY: NORTHEAST OHIO RIPE FOR AG INVESTMENT By BRAD WHITEHEAD Fund for...
Casey W. Hoy
Oct 17, 10:20pm
Eligible applicants: NGO's with a track record of food system work, collaboration with academic, private, and public organizations is encouraged Projects Promoting Self-Sufficiency and Food Security in Low-Income Communities - The...
May 18, 9:57am
Meet - - Will Allen, CEO of Growing Power Columbus, OH July 15 - 17, 2011 Tickets: http://www.brownpapertickets.com/event/174498 3 Day Workshop The goal of this workshop is to enable more Urban and Backyard Farmers and to grow...
Please Help - OUR LOCALE http://www.ourlocale.com - Add your profile to your state. Seeking volunteer state administrators!
Jun 13, 12:11pm
OUR LOCALE http://www.ourlocale.com - Please add your profile to your state. Seeking volunteer state administrators! Please volunteer for your state. We only need one admin per state and we have plenty of states left!