- My Account
- Urban Landscape and Ecolo...
Group: Urban Landscape and Ecology Program (ULEP) Collaboration Forum
The 2nd Conference on Ecological Landscaping: Enhancing Self-Reliance and Resilience of Cities, took place on December 1-3, 2009. Outcomes included the following:
- Significant transfer of knowledge from the nearly 50 presentations given across the three-day period
- Identification of compelling conditions primed for the development and launch of a wide range of projects, programs, and initiatives in active response
- Definition of a specific opportunity to engage in collaborative action in the development of a USDA-SCRI grant proposal due on January 14, 2010
The purpose of this group is to:
- Post as much of the knowledge shared during the conference as possible on this site
- Add to it as further developments occur
- Focus that insight and capacity into collective efforts that will make a positive difference for cities and urban areas in terms of self-reliance and resilience
- Generate a stream of related proposals that target those areas where collaboration among participants in this forum provides a decidedly favorable edge in the pursuit and award of grants and monies
Thanks in advance for your involvement. If you have any suggestions on what would make this forum more useful to you and those who are served by it, please do not hesitate to let us know.
Dr. Parwinder Grewal, Director, Center for Urban Environment and Economic Development
Dr. Casey Hoy, Kellogg Endowed Chair in Agricultural Ecosystems Management
Michelle Ajamian ...
Aug 28, 1:44pm
Shagbark Seed & Mill, a regional scale certified organic seed and flour mill famous for using only Ohio Grown, chemical free, or certified organic crops, is in the running for a $10,000 prize from Martha Stewart's American Made contest....
Jun 13, 10:23am
The Northeast Ohio Sustainable Communities Consortium Initiative has launched an interactive game to allow anyone to contribute to the regional priority and planning process. This is a great way for those involved in agbiosciences to contribute...
Casey W. Hoy
Oct 17, 10:20pm
Eligible applicants: NGO's with a track record of food system work, collaboration with academic, private, and public organizations is encouraged Projects Promoting Self-Sufficiency and Food Security in Low-Income Communities - The...
May 30, 7:40am
Monthly tours of the gardens in the former ATI Dorm parking lot, Wooster, Ohio WOOSTER, Ohio -- Joe Kovach, an Ohio State University scientist who is studying the best ways to grow food in old asphalt parking lots, will hold free...
Feb 16, 3:24pm
Recently in the Columbus Dispatch Senators Chris Widener, Cliff Hite and Peggy Lehners join forces to endorsed opening a school called "Global Impact STEM Academies" in Springfield, OH. see attached link http://...